Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chapters 6 & 7 on Website Design

While reading Chapter 6 on Design Principles, I was surprised to learn how much designing, planning, and formatting goes into creating well designed websites. I never really thought about alignment, but after looking at the examples, I definitely agree that consistency is important.  It is extremely important for websites to be visually appealing to the audiences eye.  The way to do this is by maintaining consistency with alignment, proximity, repetition, and contrast.

Chapter 7 familiarized me with an aspect of interface design known as the navigation design.  Although I was familiar with some types of navigation prior to reading this (navigation bars, tabs, links), I did not realize that there are so many different types of navigation that can be used on websites. I now know all of the aspects that are considered when creating websites, and have a better appreciation for well designed ones.  I'm looking foward to redesigning a "website that sucks" by using the information that I learned from these two chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment